I've been befuddled by Vista, unable to connect to my MacBook Pro from my Vista laptop. I could always connect from the MacBook to my Vista laptop, though. Connection issues has been a source of pain for me ever since I started using Vista.
I searched and came across this tip that solved all my problems! Thanks Matt!
- “Click Windows Visa Start Orb
- In search box, type “regedit” and return
- Once regedit opens, click File -> export to make a backup copy
- Navigate to Computer HKEYLOCALMACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Lsa.
- In the right pane, right-click the “LmCompatibilityLevel” key and select “modify”
- Change the value from 3 to 1
- Exit regedit and you should now be able to properly authenticate to your Mac OS X (or other Samba) share.”