I don’t either! I don’t care if Kristen plays a sport in college either, I really don’t. It doesn’t mean that I rule it out though. Without going overboard, I want to prepare my kids and give them the opportunity to make whatever choice they want for themselves in regards to the college they attend.
Read Catherine Pearlman’s I Don’t Care Where My Children Go To College post here
My favorite comment:
“This idea that students have to excel at the highest level (with experience dating back to early childhood) is supremely flawed. If everyone is a black belt, fluent in Mandarin and the captain of [fill in the blank] sports team, how can one differentiate any of these children? I was an admissions director for a master’s program for a short while. I can tell you after reading hundreds of essays that your child isn’t special. He’s doing exactly what all the other applicants are doing. Exactly.”
The traffic on 71 in Austin to the new Lake Travis Middle School has several intersections where the 2nd lane on the right ends just past a light. When should you move into the lane that is not ending?
Click HERE for a great answer
One of my favorite animals visiting our back porch. Click to enlarge
Kristen played for the Cheetah Girls from 2006-2011 in the Austin United league in South Austin.
Coached by Carrie Phillips all 5 years the team had:
Abby, Brooke, Caroline, Kaitlyn, Kristen, Rylli, Sloane,
Here are highlights from Kristen’s 2008 season (7 yrs old)
These are the steps to embed a google calendar in your website:
- Next to ANY calendar that you want to include, hover to the right of it to reveal the drop-down menu icon, and select Calendar Settings
- In the “Embed This Calendar” section select the link “Customize the color, size, and other options”
- Select the other calendars that you want to include in your view under the “Calendars to Display” section
- Select any other options. Don’t forget to give this “multi-calendar” view a title, then click the Update Html button in the top right.
- Copy and paste the html code generated to your web page.
- Some sites do not allow you to include an <iframe>. For WordPress sites, you must install a plugin such as THIS one.
What if you just want to LINK to the multi-calendar view or email someone a link to the view?
You can do this by taking the embed code and cleaning it up a bit as follows:
- Remove the iframe tag and src=. You only need the actual url and all it’s parameters.
- When you copy and pasted the embed code, you are likely to see several occurrences of & which will cause the link to show you a blank calendar. Replace these occurrences with just the & character.
Example original embed code:
color=%23711616&ctz=America%2FChicago” style=” border-width:0 ” width=”800″ height=”600″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>
After cleanup, hyperlink to use:
ctz=America%2FChicago” style=” border-width:0 ” width=”800″ height=”600″
LTYA 2013 12u Baseball All-Stars. Kristen appears at 3:26
This coach’s commentary of a select lacrosse team he observed could apply to any sport.
Kristen hit her first home run at the LTYA 12U Drysdale field. A towering shot over the left field fence with two runners on.
From GameChanger game summary:
The Lake Travis Rangers shut the door early on the Lake Travis Yankees, capturing an 11-0 victory on Tuesday.
With seven runs in the first three innings, the Lake Travis Rangers left no doubt about the eventual outcome.
A three-run home run by Kristen …fueled the Lake Travis Rangers’ offense early.
Kristen racked up five RBIs on two hits for the Lake Travis Rangers.
Kristen got the win for the Lake Travis Rangers. He pitched two shutout innings. He struck out five, walked one and surrendered one hit.
Obviously, GameChanger, with its lack of recognition of gender, doesn’t think girls play baseball; but we know different.
I created a highlight video with cool music of David’s freshman lacrosse season.
Google stripped out half the music, left half, and posted ads for the music they left!
So I decided to post the video myself with all music intact.
The video plays back in the default video player of your browser.
Depending on what you are running it may or may not play well.
Here are two links you can try in your browser:
#1 Uses Default Browser
#2 Uses FlowPlayer
Kristen appears at 1:36. Of course she was the only girl but also 1 of 2 11 year olds on the 12u team.
LTCavs 12u All-star team from Alan Kleymeyer on Vimeo.