Based on iMovie version 10.1.9
How to create highlight video from Volleyball game
- Drop entire game into timeline. You can just use Finder and drag and drop files
- Start watching using keyboard hotkeys to fast forward until you get to part where you are involved in play.
- Play normal and decide if you want this clip.
- For Hitting I like to start just before the set and after SOME celebration
- For Serve Receive I like to start with ball just before it crosses the net and end after setter sets
- For Digs I like to start just before hitter hits or maybe include set too, end after next hit of ball
- Include serve only if it has great velocity or placement, not due to bad SR
- Position head at starting frame, hit <Command><B>
- Position head at ending frame, hit <Command<B>
- Select and delete video before the highlight clip
- Advance to video past highlight clip and continue
- Use a Title above the last highlight clip in timeline (Reveal Lower Third) to remind you where you left off
- Don’t use transitions.
- Don’t include “lucky” plays like a server that hits top of net and goes in.
- Don’t include “basic” plays like a serve or free ball that comes right to you.
- Remember these should be “highlights”, not video of what anyone can do.
Split Clip : <Command><B>
< L >: Fast Forward (repeat for faster). Use <Space> or <K> to pause
< J >: Fast Rewind (repeat for faster). Use <Space> or <K> to pause
< Left Arrow > Single frame backward
<Right Arrow > Single frame forward (Try holding down)
< Up Arrow> Previous Clip
<Down Arrow> Next Clip
<X>: Select Entire Clip
<Option> < F > : Add Freeze Frame using current position. Grab frame handle (circle at top) to shorten/extend time
Use Zoom-In/Zoom-Out slider
Remove (soften) Audio: Position cursor toward bottom of clip in timeline just above sound graph until you see double-arrow cursor, grab and pull down
Stabilize Shaky Video