Google Maps vs Apple MapsPosted on June 4th, 2016 No comments
Here is there summary:
We looked at 54 pairs of maps across three cities (New York, San Francisco, and London) and found several significant differences:
- Apple Maps, on average, labels more citiesthan Google at every zoom.
- Google Maps, on average, labels more roadsthan Apple on nearly every zoom.
- For two-thirds of zooms, both maps generallyshow the same number of roads. For the remaining third, Apple almost always shows more roads.
- Both maps, on average, label a similar number of POIs—but have only 15% of their POIs in common on an average zoom.
- Both maps also prioritize different kinds of POIs: Google Maps heavily prioritizes transit, while Apple prioritizes landmarks. Apple also generally shows a greater number of POI categories on a given zoom—and shows twice as many restaurants and shops as Google.
Leave a reply