Posted on November 4th, 2010 No commentsCreating installers using Inno Setup is possible as a post build step in Visual Studio. You must have the Inno Setup preprocessor installed.
- Add a new project of type Empty Project (I name it BuildAll).
- I like renaming the project in the solution as _BuildAll so that it appears first
- Change the Configuration Type to Utility (Configuration Properties…General)
- Delete default filter folders.
- Add install related files to the project. Any readme files, the .iss Inno setup script, etc.
- Set project dependencies for the _BuildAll project
- Select project’s Post-Build Event setting (Configuration Properties…Build Events). Add something similar to:
iscc /DConfigurationName=$(ConfigurationName) “$(SolutionDir)\Installers\sample.iss”
Be sure ISCC.exe is in the system path (Right-click Computer…Properties…Advanced system settings…Environment Variables). Add C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 5 to the Path.