How to start a command prompt in a folderPosted on June 2nd, 2005 No comments
cmd.exe /k cd path
Here’s how to add a “command prompt here” shortcut
Basically you add the following to your registry:
To add the Command Prompt command to the shortcut menu:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry key:
- Right-click the shell key, point to New, and then click Key.
- Name the new key OpenNew.
- Click the OpenNew key, and then double-click the Default value in the right pane.
- Change the value to Command Prompt. Click OK.
- Right-click the OpenNew key, point to New, and then click Key.
- Name the new key Command.
- Double-click the Default item in the right pane.
- Change the value to cmd.exe /k cd %1.
Leave a reply